Welcome

Our God is awesome. This blog is dedicated to that awesomeness. I look forward to the stories you have to share, also.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Find Your Secret Place


I walked down to the lake from the cottage where I vacationed with friends.  The dew still shone in the early morning sunlight.  A little mist steamed up from the slightly rippling water.  The delicious air helped make it one of those mornings that stay with you. I am glad it did.

A mother duck quacking and the answering squeaks of her babies captured my attention.  She fussed and scolded her brood.  The ducklings straggled around the pier crying and fluttering.  She flapped her wings and squawked angry sounds.  Suddenly the eleven babies paid attention and lined up single file behind her and paddled into my heart forever.

She clucked contentedly and swam out further with her family following.  God’s glory came down from Heaven and made everything right with my world for that moment.

Whenever stress and problems start to vex me, I slip into that far away morning, even though I live a lifetime away now.  I had found my secret place where I can go instantly to find peace and serenity in the face of overwhelming problems or the nagging stresses of every day life.  God knew I needed this little Eden and provided it for me.

 Did you find your secret retreat for times of stress, your own delicious God inspired moment you escape into from wherever you are? It could be in a baby’s smile, a romping puppy, a mountain, or a sunset.  Perhaps you discovered it long ago and don’t realize it. Maybe you will discover it today.

Please share the “hidden riches” in your secret place with others and me. 
The book of Isaiah in the Bible states And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the LORD, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel.” Isaiah 45:3 KJV

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully written! The early morning fog and muffled silence is so peaceful. I enjoyed this! ~R

    ReplyDelete