Welcome

Our God is awesome. This blog is dedicated to that awesomeness. I look forward to the stories you have to share, also.

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Jesus, Light of the World

  
  

What is the darkest place you have ever been?  I remember a pyramid tour in California once.  In the middle of the pyramid, the tour guide doused the lights. Total blackness enveloped us. Fear and dread slammed into me.  I hated that darkness.

I suspect that others felt the same way.  Someone lit a cigarette lighter and held it up above his head. The little light comforted me, gave me hope that I could get through this day.  Another click of the lighter closing plunged us back into oblivion.

What a relief when the guide relit the light.  It allowed us to find the way out of this despair.

We live in a fallen and evil world of darkness. We light it up with all manner of lamps, decorative lighting, overhead lights but the world is still dark.  Evil still lives everywhere.  The light gives comfort and an illusion of safety, but it is temporary.


Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. John 8:12 King James Version (KJV)


Jesus is the light that always shines for us in the deepest abyss of the world.  I did not really know that on that scary day in the pyramid.  When Jesus came into my life, he shined the light on truth, hope, and purpose.  That light never went out even in the worst days of my life.

As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world. John 9:5   (KJV)

What lights your world.  Will a fallen wire or transformer explosion plunge you into darkness?  Ask Jesus to come into your heart and let him be the light of your world. He is the light that no force can quench.  It will guide and encourage you as long as you let him shine!

The King James Version of the Bible is in public domain.  Quotes taken from BibleGateway.com.

Photo is from Public-Domain-Images.com

 



















No comments:

Post a Comment