Welcome

Our God is awesome. This blog is dedicated to that awesomeness. I look forward to the stories you have to share, also.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

God Sends Angels


We found ourselves lifted up from the ground and flying through space.  “Hold on kids,” I yelled.  “We’re going to crash.”

“God help us!” one of the kids screamed.

The Bible talks about angels many times.  Many religious writings of the world include accounts of angels.  I always wondered if I would ever experience the presence of angels.  That day I found out the answer.

Candy on the hill

I owned a large Buick named Candy because of its creamy butterscotch color, one of the best and most faithful cars I ever owned.  However, today something went terribly wrong.

The hill

I started up a hill that everyone called the two-mile hill, Wheaton Hill in Springwater, NY.  Near the beginning of the upward climb, a small drop-off looms.  I never particularly noticed it and never had trouble on the hill before that day.

The car, full of kids, started up and veered out of control for no reason.  The road was clear; the weather good and the sun still lit our part of the world. 

Candy crossed the road and went directly into the path of an oncoming car.  I jerked the wheel to the right to avoid a collision and Candy spun in the other direction, aiming for the drop-off.  I tried to steer it straight but it started flying off the edge.  I just closed my eyes, afraid to look.  That is when I heard a child screaming for God to help us.

What happened?

I tried to figure out exactly what was happening.  I know we were in the air.  I felt the car lift up and then a thud.  Then it stopped.  I slowly opened my eyes and looked around.  We sat on the road facing the right way.  We all stared in stunned disbelief for a couple of minutes.  A toot behind us reminded me to continue our journey.

An angel

To this day, I believe that an angel sent from God used His power to save us from certain injuries, possibly death. Psalm 91.11 KJV says “For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.”

Your story?

Many people experience the help of angels in a time of danger or extreme circumstances, maybe even you.  Did an angel help you in such a way that you know nothing else could account for it?  I would love to hear your story.


No comments:

Post a Comment