Welcome

Our God is awesome. This blog is dedicated to that awesomeness. I look forward to the stories you have to share, also.

Saturday, July 27, 2013

You Can't Hide from God


Some friends invited me to go to a prayer meeting.  After some thought, I decided to go in spite of wondering if it was a good idea. When I walked in, the first thing I saw was a group of men chasing another man. They finally backed him into a corner and said, “You can’t hide from God.”

These people are nuts, I thought. I need to get out of here. I ran into the yard and looked around. It was dark and I really wasn’t sure where I was, so I went back into the meeting. Although this happened decades ago, I still remember it like it occurred yesterday.

Many people try it but He always knows where we are and what we have done. Most people attempt it at one time or another, perhaps even you. Does it work? The Bible contains many examples of people trying to hide from God.

The Garden

It started when Adam and Eve ate forbidden fruit in the garden . After they ate the fruit they were ashamed because they were naked and made coverings for themselves.  They heard God walking in the garden and hid. God knew where they were and ejected them from the garden.  They could not hide from God, and neither can we.

Jonah

God told Jonah to go to Nineveh to tell the people there to turn away from sin. Jonah did not want to o so he tried to hide from God by running away. God caused a storm to cast him from his escape boat and sent a great fish to swallow him. After a few days in the belly of that fish, it spit him out on an island. Jonah was only too glad to go to Nineveh then. He could not hide from God and neither can we.

Everything

God knows everything about us. It is scary because he knows our wants, dreams, and fears: the secrets we hide within, things that we never tell anyone else.  The best thing is that He loves us anyway.


 Jonah Is Spewed Forth by the Whale (Jon. 2:1-11)


This work is in the public domain in the United States, and those countries with a copyright term of life of the author plus 100 years or less.




No comments:

Post a Comment