Welcome

Our God is awesome. This blog is dedicated to that awesomeness. I look forward to the stories you have to share, also.

Friday, March 2, 2012

My New Year's Resolution

  My New Year’s Resolution

It is March already, but I broke my resolution way back in January.  I only made one but it was a lot simpler making it than trying to keep it.  I resolved to treat whomever I meet   or talk to as the most important person in the world. 

What a hard thing to do! I know I truly care about the people around me but so many things draw my attention away from them.  Why can’t I give him or her my undivided interest for a few minutes every time and make a difference in their day? 

Luke 10:27, states “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind; and love your neighbor as yourself.”

That sums up the way we ought to live, a supreme commandment, that seems to encompass so why is it so difficult?

 Everyone wants to be liked and loved.  What could make a child, a neighbor, friend, coworker, or just someone you meet in the course of a day feel more loved than your total attention?  Look her/him in the eye, flash a friendly smile, and really listen. See what a difference that makes in your life.  It does in my life, that is, when I actually remember to do it.

Each day, I make the resolution again.  “Just for today, let me carry it out.”  When I succeed, I feel glad.  When I mess up, I promise God and myself that I will try again tomorrow. 

Try it yourself for a day.  Even practicing this for a day, will make your part of the world a little happier.  You can always decide to extend it for another day.

Let me know how you feel about this.  I am paying attention and ready to listen intently.

2 comments:

  1. This is an excellent way to MAD. For me it is a way of life, but one I must attempt on a day-to-day basis.
    Red.

    ReplyDelete