Welcome

Our God is awesome. This blog is dedicated to that awesomeness. I look forward to the stories you have to share, also.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Will God Meet Your Need?


When I lived in Rochester, my friend, Ruth, lived four or five blocks down the street.  I met her in church and she always inspired me to reach greater heights.

I visited her from time to time.  A busy woman, she worked in the schools as a teacher’s aid and stayed active in the church.  She always pointed out that God would meet every need.  As it turned out, He met her need in a most unusual way and it involved me.

One afternoon as I sat in my house, I heard a nagging voice in my head.  It said I needed to go for a walk to Ruth’s house.  I ignored this “imaginary” prompting but it clamored louder every second.  “All right, I’ll go,” I told it.

It said that on the way I would find some money.  I need to pick it up, take it to Ruth’s house, and give it to her.  “Yeah, right,” I skeptically said to myself.  I thought it would be nice to visit Ruth for a while, so I went.

About half way there, I spied something out of the corner of my eye.  A dollar bill!  Another and another blew across my path and stuck to a fence where I gathered them and pocketed them.

I gave them to Ruth.  “Oh no,” she said.  “I can’t take your money.”  I told her the money came from God and who is she to refuse God.  She confided that she desperately needed that exact amount of cash for something and could not wait until payday. 

God presented what she needed and He can do the same for you, if you ask and trust Him for the answer. Matthew 17 tells about Jesus and Peter needing money to pay a tax.  Jesus told Peter to cast a line and bring him the first fish that he caught.  Jesus opened the mouth of the fish and found a coin worth exactly the right amount to pay the tax.

 How has God met your needs?  Did He do it in an unusual way? Talk to me about it.




No comments:

Post a Comment