Welcome

Our God is awesome. This blog is dedicated to that awesomeness. I look forward to the stories you have to share, also.

Monday, January 21, 2013

My Night at the Bar

My Night at the Bar


A few years ago, my friend from down the street invited me to a bar.  Her husband played the slide trombone in a band at that bar.  Another friend played the guitar and wrote songs.

We sat at the band table, sipped diet colas, and listened to the music. Soon couples began dancing. 

I first saw her as she stepped onto the dance area with a man about her age, maybe the mid twenties.

They danced very close.  She engaged him in conversation and kept constant eye contact.  I thought they were deeply in love.  The music stopped, the man wiped his forehead, let out a loud “whew,” and fled the scene.

Soon another man asked her to dance.  She acted much in love with him too. It happened the same way with many more that night. She and all the men got drunker by the hour.

The men she danced with also became older.  She finally walked out the door with an extremely inebriated man in his fifties. I don’t know if it was her place, or his.

My heart cried to see that woman put so little worth on herself and give herself away with no commitment and no kind of loving relationship. The man used her for his own gratification and did not value her as the precious child of God that she was.

I will always remember that night at the bar because of her and the man who took her home.   
In Matthew 10:31 it says: “Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.”
Luke takes it even further.  12:7 “Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. Luke 27 Peace I leave with you ... Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.”
Bible verses from www.BibleGateway.com in the public domain.
Image from Public-Domain-Images.com 







                           

No comments:

Post a Comment