Welcome

Our God is awesome. This blog is dedicated to that awesomeness. I look forward to the stories you have to share, also.

Sunday, August 25, 2013

The Lord is my Shepherd

Psalm 23

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

A shepherd guards and looks out for his sheep. If one is lost, he looks for it and brings it back to the flock. Jesus takes care of us and gives us everything we need.

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

We can obtain rest and restoration. He provides living water and the bread of life.

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 

He refreshes our mind and guides us the right way we should follow.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

I don't have to be afraid because He is always with me. When He corrects us, it is in preparation for the wonders to come. Even in death we need not fear because He has prepared great things which we cannot understand now.

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

Jesus will win in the end and vengeance belongs to Him.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

Is he your shepherd? John 3:16




Image Yosemite Stream public-domain-images.com
Grave site Copyright R. Griffin 2013 Used with permission

 BibleGateway.com KJV in the public domain

No comments:

Post a Comment